Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Tues 6/20 Blog Prompt - Digital Scrapbook Place

Tues 6/20 Blog Prompt - Digital Scrapbook Place: "3 ways in which someone can compliment you are...."


First and foremost...compliment my children. I put so much effort and thought into helping my children grow and learn. Don't just say they are cute kids (even though they are) comment on their abilities, I take pride in praising my children in areas they are strong in and encouraging them where they are weak. It is definitely my "life's work" nothing gives me more pleasure than to see them succeed.

second compliment my accomplishments. I have worked hard and sacrificed much to get where I am today. I have not always made wise decisions but I chose to deal with the consequences without blaming others. I changed my life when I didnt like the way it was going and I am by gosh darned proud as heck of that!

last but not least compliment my creative spirit...it has taken me until my thirties to truly find an outlet/medium that allowed me to release my creativity....and I LOVE IT....with my digiscrapping I woudl probably be crazy!!!!

3 comments:

Glynis said...

I love being complimented on those things too! And I agree about digiscrapping...I've finally found my creative outlet!

Bonnie said...

I really like your compliment choices! I agree with you about saying why your kids are cute not that they are. I also like it if someone says, "Your son is so thoughtful or intelligent" or "Your daughter is so friendly and well mannered". Because that shows them that I have instilled that in them.
I loved this little sentence, made me giggle "gosh darned proud as heck of that" what a cute phrase!
And thanks for the compliment on my blog BG!
I can agree with you on finding the right creative outlet, I am 27 , but it has taken me a long time too to find something I really really like..

Unknown said...

I think one of the things that un-nerves me the most is when I am referred to as Pan's wife, or the kids mother. I have done consultation for Pan's office for nearly 7 years and still when I go in they say hi Pan's wife. Ugh.

Your list of compliments hit home for most of I think.