Saturday, September 02, 2006

Thurs 8/31 Blog Prompt - Digital Scrapbook Place

Thurs 8/31 Blog Prompt - Digital Scrapbook Place: "Okay, I know it's not officially the last day of summer, but (in the US) after this coming holiday weekend, all kids will be back in school. So, what did you get out of summer this year? Did you learn anything? Do anything new? Wrap it up for us!"

Well as all who frequent my blog even rarely should know, I got to finally meet the latest love of my life. Zaniyah is a darling baby and already three weeks old. Watching her grow is so bittersweet cause she is my last. So much of my life has been defined by my being pregnant or just having had a baby. But that chapter is over. I am still a mom but not ever going to be a new mom again. And even after nine times, it saddens me. I don't feel like less of a woman or any nonsense like that. Just a little glum that never again will I be able to feel my baby growing underneath my heart. On the other hand, I am ecstatic about having MY body back (not in the original condition but still works for the most part!). I look forward to being able to have the energy and stamina to enjoy doing things with my family instead of being tired and swollen and any of the other myriad of things that hurt, ache or just generally bother you when pregnant! I wanna ride amusement park rides, take the kids for walks in park, go grocery shopping without needing a break!

No comments: